FORKHEADS RELOADED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO HELL

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

The atomic Bomb in japan

Go down 
+2
psychokittyboy
Zared Sabretooth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zared Sabretooth
Level: 17
Zared Sabretooth

Male Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Member Stats
Title: Token Furfag
Profile Marks: None None

The atomic Bomb in japan Empty
PostSubject: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 8:54 pm

Were we right to use it or should we have done things differently? now i know they hit us hard in pearl harbor, but were we in the right to use somthing so powerful and destructive? I mean look, now every one has the knowlege for atomic and nuclear weapons (nations i mean)
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
Level: 36
psychokittyboy

Male Number of posts : 8381
Interests : Too many to list here.

Member Stats
Title: FH Official Catboy

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Yes we were.
Not only had the Japanese done far worse to civilians in the past (burrying women and children alive, mass exicutions, etc).

Also we must take into account the mind set of the Japanese. They were not willing to surrender, look at our previous battles with them. They chose to die beforeever even thinkin of surendering.

The casualties had we chosen to invade would have been in the millions. The Civilians were given primitive weapons, trained with the weapons, and were expected to use them.

All this, and the Japanes had scheduled(before we used the Atomic Bomb) to use a radiation weapon on the West Coast of the United States just days after our attack was planned. So had we not used the bombs, we ourselves would have been attacked with a weapon of mass destruction.
Back to top Go down
Zared Sabretooth
Zared Sabretooth

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:08 pm

what if we just bobed the shit out of them without the use of the atomic bomb? they might still had surrendered. we could have used just one bomb on one city also, we might not have had to hit both nagasaki and hiroshima.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:15 pm

We had been using traditional bombs for quite some time, in fact we had fire bombed Tokyo to the ground several months before. They did not waver (an admirable trait, but foolish).

We also did not have the time, like I said, if we had waited just a few extra days we ourselves would have been the one to be the target of mass distruction.

But, when we dropped the first Atomic Bomb (I forget its name) we gave them a deadline to surrender, if they did not meet that deadline we told them we would drop another. And we did.

... God please don't let my girlfriend read all this, she'll be very mad at me...
Back to top Go down
Zared Sabretooth
Zared Sabretooth

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:24 pm

i belive it was "fat man". and why didn't we just search out the ships and crap and blow them up? did we really have to go to that extreeme and nuke them?
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Well, their Navy was already in shambles, no real threat to us anymore. Same with pretty much all their military, it was the armed civilians that had us worried.

We had to break their will to fight, and we had to do it fast (again, we were a target).

We also were not willing to sacrifice, oh what was the estimate, 2 million + soldiers in taking Japan island by island, city by city, house by house.
Back to top Go down
Zared Sabretooth
Zared Sabretooth

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:33 pm

shit...i have no retort...yet.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Like I said, I tore my hippy teacher a new one on this same subject The atomic Bomb in japan 489139
Back to top Go down
mangaman
Level: 9
mangaman

Male Number of posts : 972
Interests : anime,manga,video games,hanging out with my friends,eating,being lazy,and riding my bike.
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Member Stats
Title: The One/Popeyes Beans & Rice Liker

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 pm

it ended ww2 yes but so many lives were lost in the bombings. i don't think that we should've a-bombed japan
Back to top Go down
http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com
volorios
Level: 53
Level: 53
volorios

Male Number of posts : 16590
Interests : Guns, Knives, Food
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Member Stats
Title: Bat Shit Crazy

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:00 am

mangaman wrote:
it ended ww2 yes but so many lives were lost in the bombings. i don't think that we should've a-bombed japan
i disagree...i honestly don't believe that this would've ended unless we (US) bombed them (japan)
Back to top Go down
mangaman
mangaman

Male Number of posts : 972
Interests : anime,manga,video games,hanging out with my friends,eating,being lazy,and riding my bike.
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Member Stats
Title: The One/Popeyes Beans & Rice Liker

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 am

reading the above posts i've decided that we should've a-bombed japan
Back to top Go down
http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:07 am

lol, I make a perswasive argument.
Back to top Go down
Dariuss
Level: 5
Dariuss

Male Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Member Stats
Title: Ultimate Judge
Profile Marks: White God Mark White God Mark

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:59 am

psychokittyboy wrote:
Well, their Navy was already in shambles, no real threat to us anymore. Same with pretty much all their military, it was the armed civilians that had us worried.

We had to break their will to fight, and we had to do it fast (again, we were a target).

We also were not willing to sacrifice, oh what was the estimate, 2 million + soldiers in taking Japan island by island, city by city, house by house.

What u mean?? Were all the armed farmers pointing their machetes to US??
Back to top Go down
https://fh4ever.forumotion.com
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:11 am

Dariuss wrote:
psychokittyboy wrote:

What u mean?? Were all the armed farmers pointing their machetes to US??

Spears, pitchforks, swords, traps in houses/streets/etc. Bassically, the casualties woulda been astronomical on both sides, taking all into consideration less lives were lost taking the option we did.

Fuck man, would you of rathered we fire bomed every city like we did Tokyo? That was our other plan (alongside X-Day). Is that more to your liking?

Because I don't really feel sorry for them, they started it, they killed millions of civilains, burried women and children ALIVE, exicuted fathers infront of their children, and to top it off, planned to do the same thing we did to us.

War is war, we took the best option that meant the fewest lives would be lost.

All this, and I still date a Japanese woman, so don't play the racist card.
Back to top Go down
Dariuss
Dariuss

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:47 am

Whoever is playing racist card? Still, they were only civilians and a totally useless militia (already decimated) so they couldnt do a thing to US anymore. It would have take longer but just blocking the country for longer and some strategic bombs would have been enough. The bomb fucked up the lives of many people, some even unborn yet.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:55 am

And they did the same to others, did they not? They killed far more civilians then we did, they tortured civilians. How can you be so sympathetic to a people who did such horrific things? THEY WERE ON PAR WITH THE FUCKIN NAZI'S!!!!!

But again, they were gonna radiate our west coast, so all arguments against what we did are mute. Pretty much what you are saying is we shoulda just let them kill our people.
It was survival of the fittest. We were the stronger, we survived, that is what it all comes down to.

And how much research have you done? The Japanese Government trained the civilians to fight all U.S. troops to the death, gave them combat training and everything. So yeah, again, Casualtues woulda been higher had we not bombed.

And I mentioned the racist card because I have had people bring it up in this same argument.
Back to top Go down
Dariuss
Dariuss

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:58 am

THey were just holding to their pride.. with the military they had left they wouldnt even had been able to reach US and then again I dont agree with the dogma of they screwed lets screw them harder.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:13 am

We didn't screw them harder, compared to what they did we were gentle. And I believe retribution for those women an children was needed killed in horrific ways.

And they still had enough subs to make it to the U.S., in fact they had subs on the west coast well into 1945. Fuck, do you know how hard it was to find a Jap mini sub?
Back to top Go down
yellowrock
Level: 4
Level: 4
yellowrock

Male Number of posts : 272
Interests : doing nothing for as long as possible
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Member Stats
Title:

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:52 am

it was a necessary evil, as PKB has mentioned, the japanese did horrible thing in the Rape of...i forget the name, its been so long since i read about it. the nukes ended the war and you have to remember that the US helped japan recover. its surprising though, the sheer nationalism the japanese people had and their faith in their emperor, they were willing to keep fighting as long as there was the slightest chance of even surviving, but once the nukes were dropped and america showed just what it could do and that it was willing to do it it was game over. but it sickens me that a government is willing to take advantage of the loyalty of the people like the japanese government did. nukes shouldn't ever be used again unless absolutely necessary, they have long lasting environmental effects as well as killing people when they are dropped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setbb.com/flclwsecond/index.php?mforum=flclwsecond
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The atomic Bomb in japan   The atomic Bomb in japan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The atomic Bomb in japan
Page 1 of 1