FORKHEADS RELOADED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO HELL

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

are there any anime you didn't rly care for?

Go down 
+12
linklonk07
yellowrock
SexyLilseaOtter
Allor [NPC]
mangaman
Jewsus
Dr Nick
BrySam
CarsitoPyg
psychokittyboy
Dark Jester
volorios
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
volorios
Level: 53
volorios

Male Number of posts : 16590
Interests : Guns, Knives, Food
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Member Stats
Title: Bat Shit Crazy
Profile Marks: None None

are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Empty
PostSubject: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 pm

despite it's popularity?

I'd have to say Inuyasha. Everyone says it's funny and action packed but i can't understand one part of it
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Level: 12
Dark Jester

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Member Stats
Title: Jester of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 pm

Basically I like a show until it mutates into a never ending series. I admit I used to like Inustretchnuts, but then it became apparent that it was the same, generic never-ending anime designed with the sinister intent of draining the very souls of the poor pre-teens who watch it. As such I was off the shit for good.

Simililarly, I had the same experience with DBZ. Made it to the Cell Saga before I quit it. DBZ was the first series where I reached "The Awakening." The Awakening is when you finally realize that all never ending series are exactly the same: Most powerful villian in the universe comes down, beats the fuck out of the heros, the heros train or do something to become stronger, heros beat the fuck out of the villian. A new villian, somehow impossibly stronger than the first comes down....rinse and repeat until you've got 666 episodes of mind numbing dribble.

Naruto doesn't really do it for me, never has, never will. I will say, though, that the japanese version of Naruto is INFINITELY superior to the english version.

Same thing with Bleach...which I'm currently watching on youtube........AND I DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHY!!!!!!! are there any anime you didn't rly care for? 599307
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Dark Jester wrote:
Basically I like a show until it mutates into a never ending series. I admit I used to like Inustretchnuts, but then it became apparent that it was the same, generic never-ending anime designed with the sinister intent of draining the very souls of the poor pre-teens who watch it. As such I was off the shit for good.

Simililarly, I had the same experience with DBZ. Made it to the Cell Saga before I quit it. DBZ was the first series where I reached "The Awakening." The Awakening is when you finally realize that all never ending series are exactly the same: Most powerful villian in the universe comes down, beats the fuck out of the heros, the heros train or do something to become stronger, heros beat the fuck out of the villian. A new villian, somehow impossibly stronger than the first comes down....rinse and repeat until you've got 666 episodes of mind numbing dribble.

Naruto doesn't really do it for me, never has, never will. I will say, though, that the japanese version of Naruto is INFINITELY superior to the english version.

Same thing with Bleach...which I'm currently watching on youtube........AND I DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHY!!!!!!! are there any anime you didn't rly care for? 599307
stuff happens like that.
it's interesting at first but then it gets annoying,know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Exactly. Like seeing Goku going SSJ for the first time was pretty sweet, since it was supposed to be the absolute pinacle, a legendary state that is only a myth, but he did it.

Now it's like if you're a saiyjin and you can't go SSJ, you're a limp-dicked panzy not even worth a first glance. Not to mention the fact that, in order to keep the series going, they just started tacking numbers on. SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4...it never fucking ends, as such the heros can keep getting more powerful to match the exponentially growing power of the succession of villians.
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Dark Jester wrote:
Exactly. Like seeing Goku going SSJ for the first time was pretty sweet, since it was supposed to be the absolute pinacle, a legendary state that is only a myth, but he did it.

Now it's like if you're a saiyjin and you can't go SSJ, you're a limp-dicked panzy not even worth a first glance. Not to mention the fact that, in order to keep the series going, they just started tacking numbers on. SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4...it never fucking ends, as such the heros can keep getting more powerful to match the exponentially growing power of the succession of villians.
all that happens is they get stronger and longer hair...how the hell did they come up with that idea?
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Easy: kids like the power-up process. Standing their and roaring like you're constipated and trying to force out the poo while a golden aura blazes around you. It never gets old!
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Dark Jester wrote:
Easy: kids like the power-up process. Standing their and roaring like you're constipated and trying to force out the poo while a golden aura blazes around you. It never gets old!
dude...i'm wondering how and why kids havn't busted a blood vessel trying to do that....
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:26 pm

Oh I'm sure plenty have. Just like plenty of kids break eachother's necks trying to immitate WWF moves.
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 pm

Dark Jester wrote:
Oh I'm sure plenty have. Just like plenty of kids break eachother's necks trying to immitate WWF moves.
oh it's like you have to literally be in that neighborhood to hear about it or you may miss it. kinda weird though.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
Level: 36
psychokittyboy

Male Number of posts : 8381
Interests : Too many to list here.

Member Stats
Title: FH Official Catboy

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:52 am

Bleach. It absolutly sucks and is extremely emo.

That show about those gilrs in high school, wtf it is called, Azumongo somethin.

DBZ

Inyuasha

The list goes on.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:57 am

I've been watching Bleach for a while, and while I can obviously see that it's a lame, never ending anime. I really can't say I see how it's emo.

Only thing weird about it is that the characters hardly look like highschoolers. The sexy red-head with the big ass titties is, apparently, only 15.
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:04 am

psychokittyboy wrote:
Bleach. It absolutly sucks and is extremely emo.

That show about those gilrs in high school, wtf it is called, Azumongo somethin.

DBZ

Inyuasha

The list goes on.
azumanga
that's what it's called
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:14 am

Dark Jester wrote:
I've been watching Bleach for a while, and while I can obviously see that it's a lame, never ending anime. I really can't say I see how it's emo.

Only thing weird about it is that the characters hardly look like highschoolers. The sexy red-head with the big ass titties is, apparently, only 15.

"MY MOM WAS KILLED AND IT IS ALL MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!"

Not to mention the first end theme song.

"No one knows how I feel".

It is so emo, it makes my eyes bleed.
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:24 am

psychokittyboy wrote:
Dark Jester wrote:

you know...
that's probably why i love the songs so much
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:15 am

psychokittyboy wrote:
Dark Jester wrote:

1: Apparently I haven't gotten that far, as I haven't seen any bullshit drama about a mom getting killed...or maybe I already missed it, I started watching around ep 37 or something Razz

2: That's just the ending theme, doesn't really have anything to do with the show itself. I will say, however, that the first opening theme they have sounds like a japanese Linkin Park song, even looks like something they'd do as a music video are there any anime you didn't rly care for? 599307
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:30 am

Thus emo, and yeah, you missed it by skipping the begining.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 am

Heh heh, yeah, I've gotten into the habbit of skipping the beginning of anime series like this...tends to be full of bullshit like that...also you get to skip the original "getting stronger" phase.

And theme songs are just theme songs, they don't partain to the show itself.

Don't get me wrong, I really wish I wasn't watching this shit. But it's like a trainwreck, I can't look away. I finished the first "saga" and that was supposed to be the end of it. But thinking there were one or two episodes left to tie up some loose ends, I accidentally watched the first couple episodes of the next saga and now I'm stuck again.

HELP..............................ME...........................!!!!!
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:51 am

I know... I am watcing it too, even though every other line makes me cringe...

But theme songs often do have something to do with the show's style. Well, not Etchi and shit like that, they often just throw it away.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 am

Heh heh, I trust you're watching the Japanese version and not the English version. Because yeah, the English version should be considered a form of Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

Though my ears literally bleed every time Inuyasha comes on Adult Swim.
Back to top Go down
psychokittyboy
psychokittyboy

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:00 am

English, I don't feel like finding it on the internet, and it replaced Shin Chan, so I need something to waste 30 minutes on.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:09 am

lol I've been watching the japanese version of Bleach on youtube, easy as hell to find. Razz

And yeah, I miss shin chan...that show rocked! The only show that's more random than shin chan is bobobo bobo bobobo (my favorite anime of all time Razz )
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:13 am

But you wanna talk about an emo anime. Look at Evangelion. It's like, a buffet of emoness. It's an expos'e of emo-ocity. Let's count all the emotypes displayed shall we?

1.Everyone hates me so I hate myself.
2.My mother left me when I was a child.
3.I don't even really exist.
4. Two counts of "you fucked me and I resent that you fucked me but I really liked it anyways."

The list goes on. Razz
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:14 am

Dark Jester wrote:
But you wanna talk about an emo anime. Look at Evangelion. It's like, a buffet of emoness. It's an expos'e of emo-ocity. Let's count all the emotypes displayed shall we?

4. Two counts of "you fucked me and I resent that you fucked me but I really liked it anyways."

The list goes on. Razz
i've said that before and got the shit beat out of me....
Back to top Go down
Dark Jester
Dark Jester

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:19 am

Psychopsymon wrote:
Dark Jester wrote:

The list goes on. Razz
Because no one likes emos fucking up a good time. Razz
Back to top Go down
volorios
volorios

Member Stats

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:21 am

Dark Jester wrote:
Psychopsymon wrote:
Dark Jester wrote:

The list goes on. Razz
Because no one likes emos fucking up a good time. Razz
emos would never do anything like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are there any anime you didn't rly care for?   are there any anime you didn't rly care for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are there any anime you didn't rly care for?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next